Last Updated: February 7, 2023
- Notice at Collection
- Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
- Your Rights and How to Exercise Them
- Contact Us
- Recent Policy Versions
Notice at Collection
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect, and within the last 12 months may have collected, the following categories of personal information:
A. Identifiers, such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, or account name
B. Personal information categories defined in the California Customer Records statute, such as name, address, and phone number
C. Commercial information, such as information concerning products or services purchased or considered
D. Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information regarding interactions with an internet website, application, or advertisement
E. Location data (non-precise)
G. Inferences drawn from any of the other categories of personal information reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
H. Sensitive personal information, including account sign-in and password necessary to access your Baliston account,
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We may use and, where necessary, may disclose to service providers each category of personal information for the following purposes:
- Securing our websites and apps and preventing fraud
- Complying with legal obligations
- As directed by you or with your consent
Our service providers are third parties that provide services — such as data storage and infrastructure providers, payment processors, shipping and logistics companies, and analytics services — to Baliston. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for any other purposes.
We also use and disclose to service providers personal information in categories A--G for the following purposes:
- Identifying and correcting errors on our services
- Improving our products and services
- Measuring page views and ad impressions
We also share categories A, D, and E with third-party advertising networks for the purpose of facilitating online cross-context behavioral advertising.
We do not sell, and have not sold, your personal information.
Sources of Personal Information
We or our service providers collect personal information directly from you, automatically from your browser or device, or from third parties to whom you direct to disclose information to us.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal data as long as your Baliston account is considered to be active, until you exercise your rights to delete personal information, or in accordance with applicable law and regulatory obligations.
Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
You also have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time. [We do not currently sell personal information.]
Your Rights and How to Exercise Them
Right to know and data portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months (your "Right to Know"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a "Data Portability Request").
Right to delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (your "Right to Delete"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Right to correct
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate information that we maintain about you.
How to exercise your rights
To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to delete your Baliston account, visit the Account Management Center. You will need to provide your Baliston account credentials in order to access your account to exercise your rights. No one else can request access to, correction, or deletion of your personal information, unless an authorized agent providing sufficient evidence of your authorization to act on your behalf. If you do not have a Baliston account, then we most likely would not have any personal data about you. If you do not have a Baliston account and you wish to confirm that we do not have any personal information about you, or if you have a Baliston account but are unable to access your account, you can email email@example.com to inquire and to exercise your rights. If you do not have a Baliston account or if you are unable to access your Baliston account, then before we will fulfill any request to exercise your rights, we will need to verify your identity. The method for verifying your identity varies based on the identifying information we hold about you. You may be asked to reply to an email sent to the email address on record.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Recent Policy Versions
- Date: This will be the date when this document is approved.