US; Overland Park, KS
Who are we?At Baliston®, we're leveling up the shoe game as an innovative direct-to-consumer footwear company. Baliston is on a mission to bring advanced biomechanical technology to footwear, while taking sustainability to a whole new level. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Baliston also has offices in Kansas City, assembly and warehousing in Denver, and an international team in France and Luxembourg.
We are seeking a full-time Copywriter onsite in our Kansas City (Overland Park) location. This role is responsible for delivering against the marketing team’s copywriting, content and editorial needs as well as the product team’s needs for writing and/or editing feature and support content. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer, who is also located in Kansas City. The position works closely with the product development team, subject matter experts, and an array of fellow marketing professionals to create compelling messaging, content, and campaigns that engage audiences and drive business results as measured through increased conversion rates, leads, asset downloads, and more.
To succeed, you’ll need the intellectual curiosity to learn fast and keep learning and a flair for playfulness to make things interesting, stylish, and even fun for audiences to consume. As a part of a lean yet dynamic team, we’re looking for entrepreneurial candidates with razor-sharp wit who thrive in a rapidly changing environment. If you’re used to working quickly with extreme flexibility and exceptional attention to detail, this job is for you.
- Ensure all copy adheres to brand guidelines, tone of voice, and style standards
- Write clear, concise, and engaging copy for various digital marketing channels, including websites, email, social media, product descriptions, in-app communication, and more
- Write and/or edit copy for both product features and customer support content so that it is clear, concise, and engaging
- Partnering cross-functionally with Product, Technology and other internal teams to continue to innovate our content to be most effective
- Content production & optimization to include, but are not limited to: emails, landing pages, social media content, paid search ads, videos (written visuals and outlines for filming), brochures, direct mail, blog posts, product feature copy, customer support articles, and teaching videos (written visuals and outlines for filming)
- Continuously reviewing customer-facing digital content to monitor for copy issues (e.g., typos, grammar, and style) and FTC compliance (e.g., claims, accuracy, etc.)
- Setting direction of copy for marketing to define hooks, angles, audience, call to action, and overall feel of campaigns to ensure the highest level of copy production
- Providing guidance to the design team on web, ad banner, and other graphic assets designed to optimally accompany copy and strategy selected
- Providing editorial support for ad-hoc projects as needed
- Present deliverables to stakeholders
- Regularly use Baliston’s products to enable a deep understanding of customer needs and to help continuously improve the products
- Support working hours as needed to best align with content development needs – regular morning calls with colleagues in Europe
Need to Have Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with marketing and technical writing
- 3+ years of experience writing for CPG, fashion, lifestyle brands or publications
- Must have experience writing content that inspires and engages readers (examples required)
- Knowledge of content marketing strategy and how different types of content are used to engage, and nurture leads along the funnel
- Extreme attention to detail when it comes to editing and proofreading
- Willingness to iterate and debate
- Previous experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills and ability to generate and support pragmatic solutions while maintaining high quality standards
- Demonstrated strong, effective, and persuasive verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence people over whom you might not have direct authority by using diplomacy and by building authentic relationships
- Must be positive, organized, attention to detail, team-oriented and a driven problem solver, multi-tasker, and self-starter with the ability to prioritize and lead projects in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experienced in basic Photoshop functions
- Familiarity with WordPress, Confluence, JIRA, Figma or other task management tools a plus
- Relevant knowledge of, passion for, or experience in biomechanics, consumer electronics, mobile applications, and consumer health and wellness
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. and based within the Kansas City metro area. This role is onsite. We thrive on ideating together, emphasizing internal communication and operating as a team.
All qualified candidates, please send your resume with the job title you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome a short description of why you would be an ideal candidate for this position and are looking forward to hearing from you!
Baliston is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Baliston makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.