Lead Web Developer
Who are we?
Baliston was founded in 2021 by footwear, biomechanics, and design experts to deliver a new footwear experience that starts and ends with circularity - a process that starts with a sustainable design and ends with Baliston collecting and properly recycling every single pair of shoes produced.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Baliston also has offices in Kansas City, assembly and warehousing in Denver, and an international team in France and Luxembourg.
We're in search of a versatile Lead Web Developer to join our innovative team. The ideal candidate will not only possess a broad understanding of modern web development technologies, practices, and trends but also the ability to collaboratively work with other departments and external partners.
Specialization in Shopify theme development, deep understanding of Shopify's platform and its templating language - Liquid, to create engaging and seamless online shopping experiences for our users will be consider as an advantage, given our main website is hosted on Shopify.
Your role will involve crafting high-quality, responsive, and user-centric web applications and websites, tailored to meet the evolving needs of our organization and clients.
This role is fully remote, with occasional travel to our headquarters, and provides an excellent opportunity for a talented professional to contribute to the maintenance, enhancement, and optimization of our existing app while actively participating in the development of our next-generation mobile solutions.
- Design, develop, and implement responsive web applications and websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, designers, and UX specialists to create visually appealing and intuitive websites.
- Debug and troubleshoot software anomalies and issues to ensure optimal performance and user experience.
- Optimize web projects for maximum speed, scalability, and maintainability.
- Stay updated with the latest web development industry trends, tools, and technologies.
- Ensure websites are optimized for SEO and meet web accessibility standards.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements to existing systems and platforms.
- Test and iterate web applications to ensure optimal functionality on various devices and browsers.
- Multi-language optimization
- Be comfortable with Continuous Integration / Delivery (We use Github with Sonarcloud for Pull Request / automatic deployment)
- Be comfortable with JIRA. We will have our tasks in a JIRA Board. We estimate the tasks and follow progress (It is integrated with Github too.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in web development with a portfolio showcasing recent projects.
- Familiarity with server-side languages (e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby) and frameworks (e.g., Node.js, Express, Django).
- Understanding of database systems, such as MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with modern web build tools, like Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt.
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity of Firebase
- Understanding of Git and familiarity with continuous integration
- Understanding of the importance of clean code
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Shopify certification or relevant portfolio.
- Responsive design and mobile-first principles.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience with popular content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Joomla).
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of web security best practices.
All qualified candidates, please send your resume and portfolio with the job title you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome a short description of why you would be an ideal candidate for this position and are looking forward to hearing from you!
Baliston is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Baliston makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.